Est. 1941


D-WHY • TeamBackPack x Rock The Bells Cypher

Thursday, September 19, 2013



Although I pride myself on being a songwriter, rapping is an art. And at the end of the day I am an artist first and foremost. With that said, sometimes it's fun to just RAP--for the sake of rapping. When Futuristic invited me to come to Rock The Bells for a Team Back Pack Cypher, how could I say no? Watch the vid and read the lyrics below.

D-WHY - TeamBackPack x Rock The Bells Cypher (LYRICS)

I ain't a battle rapper, I'd never battle rap ya'
I'd just turn on the mic on, loop the beat and laugh at ya'
Run up in your master, have my homie Kel snatch ya'
Watch Kyle fuck your sister, Futuristic got after

Rappers dressing up now, give me my swag back
I could turn TeamBackPack into the Rat Pack
Shorty up and down, it feel like Nasdaq
Fuck them hands baby girl, go on make that ass clap

Girl got straight A's, but took a lot of D's
Impossibly illogical philosophical oddities
Asshole no apologies, god dam I got at least
30 styles to choose from and right now I'm Socrates

In boxer briefs, in the parking lot of a Dollar Tree
Young Dolly Parton doppelganger, watch her swallow me
Pop my collar toast to the wanna-bees
Never will, never have, never can, I don't want to be

Young Kennedy, mentally running out of memory
Temperamentally, you can even see me instrumentally
Old friends of me turn enemies when they see me in Fendi sheets
I tell them fuck boys rest in peace, tuck you in, now go to sleep

They told me 16 (bars) but I give a fuck about rules
I give a fuck abut you, it's just me and my dudes
I only showed up to Rock The Bells 'cuz I thought it was a fashion show
I'm 'bout to blow, but I ain't a rapper tho

No comments:

Post a Comment